Monday, November 21, 2005

Kostelec nad Cernymi lesy

Kostelec nad Cernymi lesy (Kostelec above Black Forests) is a small town located in Central Bohemia about 25km south-east of Prague. Its main attraction is a chateau that used to be a hunting castle of Austrian Emperor Ferdinand I.

The photo was taken in June 2005 and shows the southern front of the castle with its main entrance surrounded by a ditch and a big barbican. My next post shows the northern front of the Kostelec Castle facing to its garden.

Tags: , , , , , ,

2 comments:

mivvy said...

Very beautiful photo, I will be going to this castle tomorrow. It will look different in autumn. Maybe I will come back in spring or summer.

Unknown said...

I stayed here on a forestry trip in 2000.

It's a very beautiful place.

Alan MacRae, Helmsdale, Scotland